Wednesday 30 November 2011

Review of November Goals


How quickly has time flown by? I don’t believe that it is the end of November already!!! Soon we will all be celebrating Christmas and New Year.

At the beginning of this month, I set out some goals that I wanted to achieve. Let’s see how well I went with sticking to them.

Eat at least 6 small meals every day of November.

I accomplished 90% of this goal. I have recently stopped eating 6 meals a day due to becoming ill.

Do a daily morning treadmill meal workout of at least 45 mins prior to breakfast.

50% completed. It would depend on how hungry I was in the morning.

Have 2 days a week of no carbs.

I think I only accomplished this goal once or twice this month.

Commence the Couch to 5Km running program.

I have started week 1 of the Couch to 5Km program but I have abandoned it due to not having enough hours in the day to fit it all in. Will be recommencing it again next month.

Walk at least 10km a day with a rest day.

50% completed.

Hit target of 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week.

I found this goal the most challenging. I don’t know if my pedometer is bogus or it’s me that doesn’t know where to wear it but one more than one occasion the pedometer would not record my steps. The day that I had walked over 18Km the pedometer showed that I had only done 8000 or so steps. I goggled the number of steps taken over 18Km and the answer I got was over 22,000 steps.

I think I need to trade the pedometer I currently have for another and give this goal another try.

Eat at least half a plate of vegetables for dinner at least 3 times a week.

Goal achieved :D

Do at least 30 mins of the cardio Twister 3 times a week.

This goal was a complete and utter fail. Since I only assign 30 mins to this I kept telling myself that I had plenty of time to get around to doing it later in the day and then it just never happened. I really want to give this another go.

Record and monitor meals eaten throughout the month.

Goal achieved thanks to the My Fitness Pal app. It has really made me rethink some of the foods that I eat.

Lose 10Kg and an overall of 10cm throughout my body.

Goal not achieved. I think an overall of only 1kg has been lost. But at least that a step in the right direction.

Overall, I know that I have had my highs and lows trying to meet my goals. I know that I get the exercise completed but I have noticed that my real issue is to do with consistency. Looking back over this month, I have had some great days then 3 days of slacking off. Something that I will be working on next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment