Wednesday 30 November 2011

Using My Fitness Pal App


While attempting to appease my boredom with a random search through the Apps Store on my iPhone I came across quite a few apps that could be used for fitness and health. The app that caught my eye was the My Fitness Pal app. After downloading it and figuring out how to operate it, I gained quite a lot of knowledge. The most important of all was the number of calories in certain foods that I had been deemed healthy. The second would be that I was eating well above the recommended amount of calories that I needed to.

The app has been great to track what I’ve been shoveling into my mouth and the amount of exercise that I’ll need to do to burn it off. The issue that I had with it was being able to find particular foods that were of other cultures. For example, chicken biriani (an Indian spiced rice with chicken). Within the app I would only be able to find one of the components and then would have to improvise or add anything close to the other components, that I am sure did not give me an accurate calculation of total calories consumed.

I have to admit that I haven’t used the app religiously. I have often been days without recording my food intake and also forgotten to record the progress of my weight on there. But all that has changed as of late. I found that a close friend of mine also had downloaded the app and we have been keeping each other in check to record our food daily and get in a workout. The feature of the app that appeals to me the most would have to be the weight prediction that it gives you after you have submitted your daily intake. It really puts things into perspective and makes you think whether eating that devil’s delight pancake at pancakes on the rocks was really worth it.

Overall, I think it’s a pretty nifty app to have to have as your sidekick to winning the weight loss battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment