Sunday 9 October 2011

Carbohydrate Detox Phase



The program I am undertaking commences with a detox. The detox consists of eliminating complex (vegetables) and simple carbohydrates (sweets, bread, etc) from all meals for 3 days. By doing so the program claims that it will deplete your body of stored carbs and reprogram your metabolism by consuming 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and 3 snacks of protein only foods. The program also states that will re-regulate your body from caving into cravings as it won’t be feeling that hunger as food is being digested very 3 or so hours and thus regulating insulin levels within the bloodstream (which is a big plus for me since this is one of my desired end goals).

The program also mentions that 2 to 3 litres of water is to be consumed throughout the 3 days of detoxing and also to keep up exercising aka reaching a target of 10,000 steps.

Let’s see if I can resist temptation of avoiding rice (main staple of my diet for dinner due to my background) and sweets.

I will be postings a day by day update of how my avoidance of carbohydrates is treating me over the 3 days.

If you have previously undertaken something similar please let me know you went.

No comments:

Post a Comment