Wednesday 25 April 2012

Doctor's blood test result

Blood This is a bit of delayed post as I found out my blood test results a few weeks ago. 


My doctor has been doing routine blood work on me to monitor this sudden laziness with my insulin production. He has also been testing my thyroid as my weight loss has somewhat stalled a bit and he wanted to know whether or not it may be related to my thyroid. 


I went to the medical centre and the doctor told me my results were good. My insulin is now back to normal which is great news and has been achieved thanks to the Dukan Diet. 


The bad news is that my cholesterol seems to be increasing each time I've seen him. It is not considered as high but it is not as low as it originally was (4.6) it is now 5.8. I've been slowing down on my egg consumption the past few weeks as I will be getting a blood test in the next 2 to 3 weeks to keep abreast on both the cholesterol and diabetes issue. Other bad news is that my vitamin D is abysmal. It should be in the high 80's and mine is 24. I have been prescribed some vitamin D tablets to take. I guess all those years of avoiding the sun so that I wouldn't get more freckles have caught up with me. 


Have to keep working on my health. 


What do you do to stay healthy?


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment