Thursday 1 March 2012

A great loss


After a great day of working out and finding a song that I had been searching for on YouTube for some time, I came across the saddest news on my answering machine.

I found out that my uncle who lives overseas had passed away over the weekend. This literally made me stand still. I hadn’t eaten at all the entire day and my starvation went away automatically. I felt frozen in time and after alerting my family I broke down in tears. That’s all I’ve been doing since the call.

I get waves of sadness where I think of growing up with him. Shared birthdays, laughs and how alike we were. It saddens me greatly that I will not see him again or hear his voice.

I feel a little more alone in this world as my close blood relatives has now been reduced to two people, my mum and my grandmother. I know that we will all leave this world at some point but I am feeling a little bit more alone in life.

4 comments:

  1. Losing someone close to you is such a very difficult and dreaded part of life. My heart goes out to you as you learn to grieve appropriately and learn to adjust to your new reality. You'll make it - and you'll learn some valuable lessons about yourself in the process. Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Melody. I've been through this process quite a few times before but it's always harder when it's someone closer to you.

      I've been focussing on the lovely memories that we shared and that's also helped with the process.

      Delete
  2. In the past few years, my husband and I have had a number of our best friends die. It reminds a person that every good person on this earth counts! There always is a need for people who care.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hard enough losing family, I couldn't imagine losing my best friends. Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete