Tuesday 6 March 2012

Raspberry Clafouti recipe



I know don’t quite remember how I came across this recipe but I think it was while I was searching for a low carb dessert. Though this recipe is not low in carbohydrates but the photos looked so delish and it seemed simple to make that I thought I would try it out.

The recipe was found on this website.

This is a French recipe for a cake that is similar to a soft custardy tart. The linked recipe used mixed berries but since I had a bag of opened frozen raspberries so that’s what I used instead. I was somewhat pressed for time as we were going to lunch as relatives within 30 minutes of me getting this recipe together and that’s how long it took to prepare and cook.

I think this will be a go to recipe for dessert if I need to make something quickly.

Here is how my version turned out.



Let me know if you decide to try this recipe out.

2 comments:

  1. I love cute looking yummy food, which that certainly looks like.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion :)

      It tasted yummy too and was very light. Luckily I took a photo as it came out of the oven as the top was trashed when I tried to remove the clafouti from the pan.

      Delete