Wednesday 18 January 2012

Week 2 Summary


I have had a productive week in terms of being a job seeker but not so much in terms of exercise. I am still trying to figure out my next step in terms of what I want to do this year and the goals I want to achieve.

Diet & Exercise:

I still have been quite lazy in the workout department but by some miracle I have lost almost 2 kilos. I went from 94.6 kg to 92.7 kg. So since this is the lowest I’ve weighed since starting this journey to weight loss. I have to say that I haven’t been the most disciplined but I am happy that I am a lot more conscious of the things that I put into my mouth and really ask myself whether it is really worth it.

On the diabetes forefront, I had a blood test last Monday to see how I am tracking. Great news, my insulin is no longer as lazy as it was. It still needs a bit of a boot in the backside but I’m on the road to recovery. Bad news is that I am completely failing in the vitamin D component. It ended up being worst than the blood test taken 6 months ago. So vitamin D tablets are my best friends right now.

Work:

The week has been filled with viciously applying for work at the start of last week and filled with interviews towards the end of last week. I had 4 interviews and two of them were with an agency, who I have yet to hear from. I just found out that I am up for a 2nd interview with a company and role that I am really interested in. I really hope I get it as my previous workplace are now considering terminating role due to the illness they have caused. Getting this role would be a godsend.

Keep me in your prayers this week :)

Love:

I felt as though I was in an episode of Days of our Lives or Bold and the Beautiful on Sunday. Mr Sydney was casually saying hello to me via sms and it turned into a declaration of his feelings for me and how he wanted to explore it further. I questioned him in terms of his current situation (being and living with his ex and all) and from what I gauged from his sms was that he was thinking of he and I being in a relationship. I was considering it as I thought that he would be leaving his girlfriend.

The following day the conversation sounded completely different and I questioned him once more and he bluntly expressed that he wanted to remain with his girlfriend and that he and I should be friends with benefits. I was so annoyed as I had told him that I wasn’t comfortable with being ‘the other woman’.

Haven’t spoken to him since.  Although I had offered to be friends, I think it may be best if I just stop communication with him now as he just seems to be playing games and I can’t encourage someone to cheat on their partner. Also, I don’t think that I would be able to resist his advances if we hung out. 

So goodbye Mr Sydney.


4 comments:

  1. Bad news on the love front but great news about weight and insulin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really bad news on the love front. Got a message from him at 2:30 am last night about how unhappy he is with his life. I feel like he's tormenting me with these little games.

      Delete
  2. Its always good to have balance! work, play, rest, exercise....good luck in your journey!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard trying to find the balance though.

      Thanks for wishing me luck in my journey.

      Delete